Join us on a canal cruise in the heart of the Telemark canal!
The canal boat M/S Telemarken sails over beautiful lake Norsjø and up the locks in Ulefoss on this daytrip.
You take the boat both ways and, in the meantime, you experience Ulefoss which is an old industrial community. You can shop, visit one of the museums, eat and watch the life on the canal.
A 2-course meal at the restaurant on “Øvre Verket” is included in the package. “Øvre Verket” is a collection of charming wooden houses which were inhabited by industrial workers and their families in the 1800`s. Make sure you have some time to spend here amongst the galleries and small shops.
- 09.45 departure on board M/S Telemarken from Akkerhaugen quay / 09.55 from Norsjø Ferieland
- 11.00 arrival at Ulefoss locks. Disembark in the upper lock.
It is about 1 kilometer/15 minutes to walk form the lock to the centre of Ulefoss with a small shopping center, café, and shops.
On the hill above the canal, opposite the locks, lies Ulefoss mansion who offers guided visits (not open on Mondays). It is about 900 meters/15 minutes to walk there from the lock (uphill).
- 14.00 2-course meal in the restaurant at Øvre Verket (included in the package).
It is about 500 meters/7 minutes to walk from the center of Ulefoss to Øvre Verket.
- 15.50 departure on board M/S Telemarken from Ulefoss locks. Embark on the same place you disembarked earlier in the day. NB! We recommend you leave the restaurant at Øvre Verket at 15.30 the latest.
It is about 700 meters /10 minutes to walk from the restaurant to the lock.
- 16.40 arrival at Norsjø Ferieland/ 16.50 at Akkerhaugen quay.
Free parking by Akkerhaugen quay.
The canal boat has a cafe with waffles, ice-cream, hotdogs, and beverages.
Prices and booking:
Adult (from 16 years): NOK 985, - per person
Child 4-15 years: NOK 390, - pr child
Child 0-3 years: Free
18th of June – 4th of August: Tuesday - Sunday
7th of August – 14th of August: Tuesday - Sunday
Due to high demand, we recommend that you book in advance. Do not wait until the day before.
PS! These are rates for online bookings. Fee for bookings made over phone or email is NOK 80,- per person.
All reservations must be paid in full when booking.