Join in on a canal cruise in the heart of the Telemark canal! The canal boat M/S Telemarken sails between Akkerhaugen (near Bø) and Lunde lock. During the trip, you pass through three impressive lock systems, including Vrangfoss locks which is the largest collection of locks in the Canal
Are you travelling from the Oslo area, or staying near Notodden? Then this day tour is perfect for you!
You board the bus in the morning from Notodden to Akkerhaugen (bus stop Norsjø Hotel). From Akkerhaugen you board M/S Telemarken on a canal cruise bound for Lunde. After the cruise you travel with the canal bus back to Notodden.
- Kl. 08.55 departure from Notodden bus station, line 323.
- Kl. 09.25 arrival at Akkerhaugen, bus stop: Norsjø Hotel
- Walk 500 meters from the bus stop to Akkerhaugen pier.
- Kl. 09.45 departure with MS Telemarken from Akkerhaugen pier.
- Kl. 13.15 arrival at Lunde locks.
- Kl. 13.40 departure with the canal bus from Lunde locks, line 323.
- Kl. 14.54 arrival at Notodden bus station.
Practical information on board:
Meals on board:
There is a café on board. You can order food directly at the boat from their menu without prebooking. It is not possible to book a table for the entire journey.
Booking and payment:
Adults from 16 years: NOK 605,- per person.
Children 4-15 years: NOK 306,- per child.
Children 0-3 years: Free of charge
The rate for this package can vary when it comes to your choice of date. Please select date of choice to see the package rate.
18th June – 4th August: Mondays – Saturdays.
7th August – 17th August: Mondays - Saturdays.
Due to high demand, we recommend that you order in advance. Do not wait until the day before.
PS! These are rates for online bookings. Fee for bookings made over phone or email is NOK 80,- per person.
All reservations must be paid in full when booking.