Experience an eventful trip on the Telemark Canal and accommodation in the historical Straand Hotel in Vrådal. On this canal cruise you will sail through 7 impressive locks, including Vrangfoss, which is the largest lock system of the canal with its 5 lock chambers.
The trip includes river, lakes, and an idyllic approach to Kviteseid or Spjotsodd at the end of the cruise.
The package includes boat trip from Skien to Spjotsodd with breakfast and lunch on board, transfer with the hotel buss/car from the pier to the hotel and two nights’ accommodation, dinner, and breakfast at Straand Hotel in Vrådal.
Return by bus to Skien. There is one change of bus in Seljord along the way.
Straand Hotel in Vrådal is one of Telemarks best hotels. Straand is a part of “Historic Hotels & Restaurants” and is known for its warm atmosphere and excellent food. Straand Hotel oozes of history. Feel free to enjoy a cup of coffee in one of the many living rooms.Travel Route:
- Kl. 07.50 attendance at Hjellebrygga pier.
- Kl. 08.10 departure with M/S Henrik Ibsen or M/S Victoria from Hjellebrygga pier.
- Meals on board: Breakfast and lunch is included in the package.
- Kl. 16.00 arrival Spjotsodd pier (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays)
- Kl. 16.20 arrival Kviteseid pier (Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays)
- Transfer to the hotel. 15-20 minutes of driving.
- Accommodation at Straand Hotel in Vrådal including 3-course dinner.
- Enjoy the hotel breakfast.
- Enjoy the day in Vrådal.
There are a lot of opportunities: Take a hike in the beautiful mountains surrounding Vrådal, rent a bike or canoe, or just relax!
There is a golf course nearby.
The hotel has a terrace with a sensational view.
They have a beach, with its own beach bar and waterpark.
Straand Hotel also have their own veteran ship, MS Fram, that sails on 2-hour sightseeing tour from the hotel pier.
- 3-course dinner at the hotel.
- Enjoy the hotel breakfast.
- Kl. 14.25 departure with bus from Vrådal bus station with Vy local bus, line 102 (Saturday and Sunday kl. 14.40).
- Kl. 15.08 arrival Seljord bus station (Saturday and Sunday kl. 15.25).
- Kl. 15.35 departure with bus from Seljord bus station with Vy bus, line R1.
- Kl. 17.10 arrival Landmannstorget bus station, platform B, in Skien. Practical information on board:
Your car can be parked at the parking lot at Hjellebrygga pier free of charge. Be aware that you need a parking permit to avoid fines. Collect it from the crew on board before departure.
Meals on board:
There is a restaurant on board. Breakfast and lunch are included in this package. You can also order food directly on the boat from their menu without prebooking. It is not possible to book a table for the entire journey.
Vrådal bus station is located approximately 600 meters from the hotel. The hotel can offer transfer upon request. Contact the reception for more information.
There is one bus change along the way in Seljord.
The buses are corresponding and will wait for each other.
It’s about 10 minutes to walk from Skien bus station to Hjellebrygga pier.Practical information at Straand Hotel:
Please book your dinnertime when you check in.
Straand Hotel has its own beach at the lake Nisser. Here they have a waterpark and a beach bar during the summer. The hotel also has its own swimming pool.
MS Fram, the hotels’ veteran ship, sails on Nisser and Vråvatn. Tickets can be bought in the hotel reception.Booking and payment:
Adults from 16 years: From NOK 5099,- per person.
Children 4-15 years: From NOK 2243,- per child.
Children 0-3 years: From NOK 435,- per child.
The rate for this package can vary when it comes to your choice of date.
Please select date of choice to see the package rate.
PS! These are rates for online bookings.
Fee for bookings made over phone or email is NOK 80,- per person.
18. May – 9. September: Daily
Due to high demand, we recommend that you order in advance.
Do not wait until the day before.
All reservations must be paid in full when booking.