Dalen Hotel - canal cruise from Lunde
19 May 2021 - 5 September 2021
9 September 2021 - 9 October 2021
18 May 2022 - 4 September 2022
6 September 2022 - 9 October 2022
18 May 2023 - 10 September 2023
12 September 2023 - 8 October 2023
Enjoy a canal cruise from Lunde to Dalen with accommodation at the fairytale hotel Dalen Hotel. Return with the canal boat the next day.
Not a morning person? This has the perfect start in the early afternoon. The journey starts from the hub of the Telemark Canal, Lunde locks, and from there you can sail through two impressive locks before the narrow river takes you onto the lakes of the upper parts of the canal.
During the journey you can enjoy a lovely lunch with something good to drink while you watch the drastic change in the landscape.
Dalen Hotel, the fairytale hotel, will pull you further into a bubble of historic luxury.
The next day you will enjoy an excellent breakfast on board while you sail into the sunrise.Travel Route:
- Kl. 13:05 departure with MS Henrik Ibsen // M/S Victoria from Lunde locks.
- Meals on board: Lunch is included in the package.
- Kl. 17:40// 18:35 arrival at Lastein pier in Dalen.
- From the pier to Dalen Hotel you can either take the hotel bus or take a walk while you send your luggage with the bus.
- Accommodation at the Dalen Hotel with a glass of aperitif and 4-course dinner.
- Kl. 08:00 // 08:50 departure with M/S Henrik Ibsen // M/S Victoria from Lastein pier in Dalen.
- Meals on board: Breakfast is included in the package.
- Kl. 13:10 arrival and disembarking at Lunde locks.Practical information on board:
Your car can be parked at the parking lot about 200 meters from Lunde locks free of charge.
Meals on board:
There is a restaurant on board. Included in this package you will be served a 2-course lunch on your way from Lunde to Dalen, and breakfast on the return from Dalen to Lunde. Seating time to be agreed directly with the restaurant staff once you have boarded. You can also order food directly at the boat from their menu. It is not possible to book a table for the entire journey. Practical information at Dalen Hotel:
The hotel reserves the right to determine and/or adjust the seating time to guarantee the best experience for all hotel guests.
In the evening, the restaurant has a smart casual dress code. It is possible to borrow a suit jacket at the hotel.Booking and payment:
The rate for this package can vary when it comes to your choice of date and room type. Please select date of choice to see the package rate.
18. May – 10. September: Daily
12. September – 8. October: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
Due to high demand, we recommend that you order in advance. Do not wait until the day before.
PS! These are rates for online bookings. Fee for bookings made over phone or email is NOK 80,- per person.
All reservations must be paid in full when booking.